So far so good...

With a little bit of disruption before the Christmas break, where the Head of the School was fired, which put a bit of a damper mood on the school, this semester has been going really well.

I feel like I'm settling more and more into the role. There is so much work to be done. Things that have been established so far have been a budget for the library, a new guided reading section and I'm cataloguing the English books now. I needed to take a bit more control in my role as the Head Librarian. Its still completely new to me. I'm still learning and adapting to the role. Only 6 months ago I was still a lowly library assistant. Used to taking orders and managing my own job, not managing jobs for two other people. I love the job. I love the excitement the kids have when they enter the library and find new titles.

Last week with MYP 1 & 3 I did speed book dating and it was a huge success. Most of the students went home with a book from another person that had been recommended to them. It was great to see them using their language skills, especially those whose English is a little bit weak.

My other half moved to China and its been fantastic having him here. Its great that we get to experience this together and are looking forward to the Chinese New Year and exploring more of China together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Canada I go....

American & Canadian Job Links