New beginnings

So I entirely forgot about this blog. Whoops! These things do happen. Life tends to get in the way. To catch up over the past two years from where I last left off, I continued to work part time in the library for 2 and half years in total. Then 6 months ago I picked up some more hours and was almost working a full time job. Yet in the back of my mind I was worried about my contracts knowing that they weren't permanent, that job security still lacked. That I was constantly broke. That I had to move home because I couldn't afford to pay rent.

So sometime in July I started randomly applying for jobs. I'm not sure I was actually serious about moving away. I think I just really fancied the idea. I'd toyed around for years with the idea. It really was just working up the courage to do so.

Then finally in August I was offered a job - in China. My wonderful and amazing boyfriend persuaded me that this was the best decision that I was likely to make. In his words "Stop applying for these jobs if you have no intention of taking them." And with that, the decision was made. I accepted the job two days later and now here I am on Halloween celebrating it in an International School.

My new school



And it was without a doubt the best decision I have ever made. I love my job. I know with great certainty that this job is something I want to do for the long foreseeable future. I can't even think of anything else I would like to do. This is it. I do not dread going to work in the mornings. Every day is different. There isn't a single opportunity to be bored. Its challenging. Engaging. Just plain wonderful.

It takes a lot of courage to leave your family, boyfriend and friends behind. Moving to a country where you don't speak the language, where you don't know a soul and where the food is extremely weird. Its tough. But it is completely doable. I'm very lucky with the support I have back home and know that their voices are only a phone call away.

My aim now is start blogging again. From a personal point of view on my experiences being a school librarian. The challenges I face, the activities and learning I partake in. I want to document it all here so I have a record somewhere of how it all started. And also to record lessons I am trying to do and to improve on.
The library tree

So to new fresh beginnings and hopefully a reminder to myself of where this journey has taken me to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Canada I go....

American & Canadian Job Links