International School Library jobs & Interviews

This summer has been go, go, go in terms of job interviews. Whilst I haven't been exactly successful in the job aspect, it has been informative. I've had 2 Skype interviews with a school in Romania and in Italy.

The interview for the school in Romania was interesting, it was over the phone, and I felt a lot more confident in my approach to that interview. I even used BIG words. At the end of the day they were looking for someone who had supervisor skills, something that at the moment, I do not have.

The Italian interview, took place whilst I was on holidays in Thailand. It was a face-to-face Skype interview and it was hard. Primarily due to the fact that there was a significant delay, it was hard to get the flow of conversation going. And I had flies landing and driving me insane, so arms were being flung violently around the place. Funnily enough I didn't get the job.

It has made me hungrier for an International experience. I personally believe it's the only way of getting a full-time job in this area of Librarianship without too much previous experience. {Good English, huh?}

I did have the opportunity to interview for 2 other countries, Kazakhstan and Morocco, but I declined on the basis of, I don't want to work in either of those countries at the moment.

If you are interested in this area, I whole heartedly recommend looking and joining {for free!} Search Associates, a recruitment company for International schools. The staff who run it are lovely and will always follow up with an email to see how the interview went etc.

Hopefully next summer, I'll have finally secured an actual job in an international school. Fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Canada I go....

American & Canadian Job Links