Display and posters

I completed my second IB workshop, this time it was entered towards the library which interested me so much more. The online workshop, Making the PYP Library the Hub of Learning was absolutely fantastic and I learnt so much from it. It made me aware of skills that I have been lacking and am now more focused and determined than ever to change that. Primarily it revolves around IT. I want to upskill myself and learn to use Apps. I can't do it at the moment as I have no tablet to play around on which it makes it so much more difficult to do. I believe that technology is vital to any library, more so in a school library. As a teacher librarian we have a role to play in the school, yes physical books are amazing and irreplaceable but in order to do certain things like keeping children, who are digital natives, we must keep ourselves up to date and knowledgable about all the technology resources out there.

I'm doing my best to start brightening up the library with displays and posters. This month we are celebrating Winnie the Witch. The books have been HUGELY popular with the children, so much so, that our current display is down to 7 Winnie Books. We started off with 30 books and have had to limit the books to one book per child and a one week loan only. Its been years since I've read Winnie the Witch and she's just perfect for story times. The PYP 2's particularly love her.


We've received a small amount of new books over the past week and the children have been so excited to get their hands on them. Its been so exciting to see their reactions. I think it works so much better this way to have new books arriving on a regular basis rather than in one huge order at the start of the year. The children would find the library a dull place if there were no new titles to look forward to for the entire year. Plus as the days and classes pass by the students approach me with their requests for new titles that they want, some stuff I've never even heard of!

We have a student shelver, Lia who lives in the library at every available opportunity. She just adores books. I've been training her on how to use the LMS when the library is busy and Im teaching lessons. It allows me to focus on the class I'm teaching and not have to worry about running off and checking in and out books. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi ho hi ho it's off to Canada I go....

American & Canadian Job Links